The IMLA 2018 Annual Conference will be held in Houston, October 17th through 21st, and TCAA is happy to partner with IMLA to host our traditional Fall Meeting there on Friday, October 19th.
- Service Animals
- ADA Facility Compliance – What to do When the Feds Come Knocking
- Public Information Act: How to Effectively Intake, Process, and Respond to Requests
- Political Hot Topics in Land Use (Confederate Monuments, Street Naming, Affordable Housing, Etc.)
- Recent Federal Cases of Interest to Cities
- Top Employment Law Challenges in the Workplace
- “Like” it or Not: Developing Social Media Guidelines for City Employees
- Legislative Forecast
- A Legal Perspective on City Efforts to Create Innovation-Friendly Environments for Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Anti-SLAPP Suits
In addition, the TCAA Election of Officers will take place at the meeting. The full agenda can be found here (see page 2).
IMLA is providing a discount to all Texas attorneys attending their conference, but TCAA members can get a special full conference price of $350. This pricing is currently only available to the first 200 TCAA members who register. Non-members and any members beyond the first 200 will pay full conference price of $850.
If you prefer to just come for the TCAA Fall Meeting on the 19th, the one-day rate for that is $200. The cost is the same for both TCAA members and non-members.
Register for either the Fall Meeting or for the whole IMLA conference at the TCAA member rate here. If you are interested in attending additional IMLA workshops/events, you can now also pay for the following through our portal:
- ILGL Program – $225
- Code Enforcement Program (cost with conference registration) – $250
- Code Enforcement Program ONLY – $350
- Guest Welcome – $60
- Guest Breakfasts (covers 2) – $60
- Guest Lunches (covers 2) – $130
- Land Use Mobile Workshop – $30
- WONK Breakfast – $20
Please see IMLA’s conference program page for more information as it becomes available.
If you are needing hotel accommodations, IMLA’s hotel block is now open.